Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Next Up: Hedda Gabler, But First: Chi-Chi!


So, this coming Monday will be our first class in a regular class room (I believe it is Rm 312) at the Hood River Middle School at 7 pm. I like to start on time, so you might consider showing up early.

For that first class you will need the following:

1) Dress comfortably, things can get messy.
2) Always good to bring some water with you.
3) And some kind of paper and pen/pencil.
4) Any notes to self you've taken on your experience reading/hearing/viewing the plays so far.
5) Any response is a valid response. "Ugh" qualifies-- especially if you WRITE IT DOWN.
6) If you haven't read or responded to anything yet, get busy, por favor.
7) Start by downloading, printing, reading and responding to the 8 scripts from Open City.
8) Bring the Open City scripts with you to class on Monday.

ALSO: You can start looking for and reading Hedda Gabler by Henrik Ibsen, if you like. I will make copies of the cleanest modern translation/adaptation I have found (by Jon Robin Baitz) to distribute on Monday, but we might not have time to read the play out loud together until the following week.

Remember: It is always best to read a play in a single sitting. Well, okay, you can get up for a tea and potty break if necessary-- but hurry back! Your playwright is depending on your collaboration.

See you all on Monday!

althea

PS: You DO know that any one of you is welcome to post anything play-related here, right? OK. Just checking.

2 comments:

  1. Have Ibsen--have not the eight--will endeavor to remedy by tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read/studied Hedda a couple of times though it has been a while. I would rather start again with the version we will recieve in class so we are all on the same page, so to speak (*lol*).
    I did make it to Portland to see the plays and managed to play catch up and get them printed; read so they are fresh in my mind and make some notes. I am prepared for class. :-D
    Also, Althea I think I may have a Very interesting idea I would like to bounce off of you if you have and 10 min or so after class!

    ReplyDelete